Replacing the entire Automation System
To replace the entire Automation System of the brewery, in the shortest period of time possible.
Customized solution, Totally Integrated Automation. Replacement of the old Simatic S5 series. Plant stopped only for one week.
Improvements of the production process, fully automated recipes, flexibility and improved quality and consistency.
Macedonia Thrace Brewery is the most successful brewery in Greece (among the 100% Greek owned). The company has invested tens of millions of Euros to date in establishing and continuously updating one of Europe’s most technologically advanced brewing and bottling facilities in the foothills of the Rhodope mountains. They consistently meet and exceed the most stringent international quality assurance standards (ISO 22000:2005).
Macedonia Thrace Brewery, assigned to AS Automation System Hellas the replacement of the existing automation system.
Requirements of the customer
- Study and modernization of the existing beer production and CIP automation system.
- Edge automation for high product safety and production output.
- Central control for producing a wide range of products, using different recipes.
- Fully customized reports system, designed according to customer’s specific needs.
We replaced the old Siemens S5 with the new Simatic S7-1500 hardware. It was seamlessly integrated in the TIA Portal Professional we used, to replace the existing SCADA software. The technical aspects of our solution comprised of:
- Customized solution, Totally Integrated Automation.
- Replacement of the old Simatic S5 Series Automation system.
- Central control by one of the latest PLCs of Siemens Simatic Series, S7-1500.
- Signals acquisition with distributed stations ET200SP.
- Visualization systems based on Simatic WinCC Professional V13.
- Supervision and control of plant using two Dell Poweredge rack Servers and four LG 24’’ LED monitors.
Benefits for the customer
- We delivered a fully functional automation system in the minimum commission time available, having the plant stopped for just one week!
- Improvements of the production process, according to the client needs.
- Fully Automated recipes for maximum standardization.
- Vastly improved quality and consistency.
- Increased flexibility.
- Smart preset CIP programs help operational efficiency and resource management, guarantee high cleaning performance, and a safe end-product.