SIEMENS’ new integrated automation system consists of a PLC in redundancy mode and incorporates the two functions (Fire Extinguishment, Operation). Both imaging and remote control are performed from two touchscreens. The use of fail-safe (hardware, software) equipment covers the specifications of the project.
The system consists of the following elements:
- 1 pair PLC S7-400H
- 1 signal collection station ET200SP (fail-safe)
- 2 touchscreen displays KTP1500
- 1 Industrial Ethernet switch
On-site work on the migration from the old to the new system included the following:
- Removal of old controllers
- Removal of old switches and indicators
- Partial replacement of auxiliary relays
- Installation of new controllers and I/O cards
- Installation of new touch screens
- Termination of existing wires on new Ι/Ο cards
- Wiring check
- Functionality check
The migration to the new system was completed in less than 36 hours, as it had been thoroughly prepared at the premises of AS Hellas. We essentially avoided any downtime in the ELPE facilities.